Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fingerless Gloves

My first fingerless gloves! Definitely won't be the last; my daughter Meghan has already requested these:

in this yarn:



Fun!

This past weekend I headed out to a fiber festival and only bought one skein!

The wool is from Francis - a resident sheep at Knox Farm in East Aurora, NY (where the festival was held). The temptation to buy buy buy was huge, but I just kept reminding myself of all the yarns I have patiently waiting for me at home and I was able to resist going overboard.
I find that it stresses me out to have all this 'stuff' and not the time to do work with it. I almost feel wasteful. And then on top of that, I ran into my old friends from the Amherst Museum Lace Guild, and started feeling horrible thinking about all my lace bobbins and threads and lace UFOs that are hibernating in my studio-yikes. Anyway....
Aren't these knitted fish hysterical?
Enjoy your day and knit as much and as often as you dare!

No comments:

Post a Comment