Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sock Happy

The sock addiction still has a stranglehold on my knitting. I've made 9 pairs so far and still want more more more.



These are a gorgeous pair from The Big Book of Socks by Kathleen Taylor. Which in my opinion, is the best sock pattern book I've come across. So many patterns that I just have to try.



(Sorry for the sideview - I don't know why it's doing this - it's right side up on my computer, but turns when I upload)

I've gifted these beauties to my mom and she loves them! I've recently convinced her to put down the dishcloths and try her hand at socks. So far so good - she's up (down?) to the heel turn and they look great.



Watching her learn the pattern and work with those itty bitty needles and fine yarn for the first time brings back memories of my first pair. Not good memories, but memories all the same.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly what I need to do, put down the dishcloths! I'm probably closer in age to your mom -- LOL! These are very nice, look so warm and cuddly!

    ReplyDelete