Monday, March 23, 2009

Cable Sock



After learning how to knit socks, I wish I could knit 24/7 just to make socks. I've only made 3 pairs so far, and I am half way to my 4th. This time I tried a cable stitch design, rather than just the ribbing pattern I've done before.



I finished the one and thought I would show it off here. I made it an ankle sock, just for something different. The yarn is a hand dyed wool that can be washed (according to the label). I just hope I remember to pull them out of the wash before I toss the load into the dryer. I can just see me doing that. I'm sure one trip through the dryer and they'll be fit for a toddler!


I'm almost done with my mid-month mystery dishcloth. I checked out the pictures some other knitters have posted and I've realized I must not know how to yarn over right. I brought the yarn over the top of the needle, and I'm thinking I should have brought it around the bottom of the needle. I'll have to experiment with that. The pattern still looks alright....as long as you don't compare it with what it's supposed to look like!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, girl, those socks are gorgeous. I am so jealous. It is just killing me not to know how to knit socks. Ok, ok, I'm going to find something easy and just do it.

    Wish that was my foot modeling those beauties!

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Socks!!??!!! Wow I am so impressed! That's a little down the line for me. These are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete