Thursday, March 19, 2009

??Fish?? ??Flower??


This is my first month of the mystery KAL for the Yahoo Monthly Dishcloth group and it's a very interesting pattern. I've never done a project where I didn't have the picture to refer to, so I'm knitting blind.

I'm not sure what it's going to be. After the first 2 days of patterns, it sort of looks like a fish, but then I see maybe a flower. Not sure.

I was just telling my mom how I needed to go out and get another set of Size 7 needles, since I still wanted to work on a dishcloth, but my needles were being used for the mystery KAL. My girlfriend Marie is cleaning out her house to make way for her Yoga Room (how cool is that?) and she came across some knitting needles from her husband's mother that she wasn't using, so she gifted them to me. And guess what? there was a pair of size 7!!


They are all nylon circular needles and I got a kick out of the prices on some of them. (98 cents and $1.15) I had only ever knitted with bamboo, but the nylon is nice to work with. My only trouble is that I am finding the needles themselves to be very short, and it's awkward because I don't feel like I'm holding on to them properly. The tops of my hands were quite achy after knitting awhile. I figured I would see how things progress, maybe its just a case of getting used to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment