Friday, May 1, 2009

Promises Promises

I promised myself I would NOT do another dishcloth until I had finished my second cable sock. In fact I did work on the sock, but I just kept hearing all that cotton yarn I bought whispering, 'knit me knit me'.

Since I had done the mid-month cloths from Yahoo for February, March, and April, I really wanted to do January too, just so I can have a full set at the end of the year. And since this only took me one evening and a little bit of time this a.m., my sock will never know, right???

Before I started the pattern, I just glanced through it quickly, thinking this will be easy. Until I got to "psso" what?? Even when I looked it up in my knitting book, I still wasn't sure what "passed slip stitch over" really meant. I think I did it right though, because the cloth looks like the finished picture on the pattern.
Now back to the sock--until my size 8 needles arrive from KnitPicks - and then my apron pattern will be shouting 'knit me knit me'........

2 comments:

  1. Lovely job on your "psso"!! I think your sock will never know the difference!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lynn, I love that cloth. Looks like you did a great job with psso. It almost sounds like a secret, sssh! Did you use the twist yarn? I like it, I will need to search that pattern up for sure! Thanks for sharing!

    Penny

    ReplyDelete